Here’s how I’m doing so far:
- Roll out a permission marketing campaign to get some new restaurant gigs I completed one video and put it on a landing page, I still need to reshoot the video, most importantly I need to get it done and email it out to some restaurant owners to see what kind of response I get
- Make my first television appearance DONE, it was a success, see it and read all about it in my last post
- Put together a new 4 minute piece that will be in my stand up magic show this is what I’ve kept putting off for months, it keeps running in my head but I don’t have a regular stand-up show like my regular restaurant gig so it is not as urgent to get this done. This is a goal that falls into Covey’s Quadrant II: Important but Not Urgent. I am really going to have to make myself get this one done.
- Perform one bizarre ritual type piece for this month in my restaurant close-up repertoire DONE, I had this ready for my TV appearance as well, I have already done it a few times in the restaurant and it does well but it isn’t as interactive as many of my other tricks
- Put together one new routine involving rubber bands melting through each other I’ve got this about 25% done, I need to add in 2 more phases to the routine and rehearse it enough so it’s ready for public performance, the good news I have the idea for a fun script all in my mind, I just need to put it into action.
I intentionally only set 5 goals this month so I would be more productive. Last month I think I had 10 and I didn’t get much done. With only 5 I am able to maximize my focus. The toughest one this month was the TV appearance and that one is already done.
What it comes down to is am I going to get these done? Or am I going to rest on my laurels and be unproductive, unfulfilled, and unhappy. I could call it procrastination but the fact is I will either procrastinate on these or I choose to procrastinate something else that is less important.
No one is going to do these for me. It’s up to me. What will I do?